Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Big Move

This afternoon I started moving into my new quarters up the hill in Arcosanti proper. Having just moved three weeks ago, I really wasn't eager to move again quite so soon, but I am anyway.

Tigger has a lot to do with this move. I kept him in the cube until he went crazy, then I finally relented and let him out. Mr. Mighty Hunter immediately decided he was chickenivorous. I'm not sure whether he managed to kill any of the chickens in Camp, but other people noticed that he was stalking the chickens, and I was instructed to keep him locked in the cube. Having had a little taste of freedom, he proceeded to really lose it. Every time I opened the door he was charging my ankles.

As it happens, a room up the hill had just opened, but I wasn't sure I wanted it. The room is behind the foundry, and it is exposed to extremely loud noise during the day. I didn't want to keep the cats in a room where their hearing would be damaged, but now I'm relatively certain the cats will simply stay outside and well away from the foundry during work hours, then come home in the evening.

I'll post a picture of the inside of the room later this evening, and I'll post a shot of my room's location in the foundry apse tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home