Thursday, June 16, 2005

Nocturnal Surprise

It looks like I may have to start closing my door at night. My room has very poor circulation when the door is shut, so I've been leaving it cracked open at night. Having the door open also allows the cats to take themselves out of the foundry area in the morning when the foundry employees show up and start making very scary loud noises. This is good because I acquired some new scars while trying to carry the cats past the scary noises.

Now I'm not so sure I'll be able to continue this way. A couple of weeks ago I found the back half of a mouse in my room. A few nights ago I woke up to the sound of a rat's death-scream as Sprinkles broke its neck while sitting on my bed. I got up long enough to get it out of the apartment and change my sheets, then went back to bed. Last night my favorite bed-buddy Miss Sprinkles hopped up onto my legs as I was falling asleep. Instead of lying down, she started pouncing on random spots on the bed. She was chasing a live mouse that she had brought to bed. The mouse made a break for the floor and got away.

I don't mind sharing my bed with cats, but when they start adding mice and rats in various stages of hunting/play/eating, that's taking things a bit too far.

3 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,
I never really liked that cat. Cute, but I always knew she had something going on.
I think its amusing, and you should just be glad she wants to share her catch with you, and maybe you want to upgrade her food.

Stephanie

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Bob Manley said...

Hi there,
I dunno about upgrading her food. She spends most of the day hiding somewhere on site, so I don't know what she eats when she's not in my room. There are a couple of places where cat food is readily available during the day, but eating there would require the Shy Girl to let herself be seen by strangers...
So many weird cats, so little time.

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like those are cats earning their keep! Just need to fine-tune where they do it.

Pumpkin hunts down grass and shares it with us later vomiticiously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home